The Everybody Eats class prepared a delicious meal for our community supper out at White Farm. Asian Mango Chicken Stir-Fry was chosen as a healthy choice; full of yummy vegetables and good protein.
Serena, Dakota and Mrs. Bisson prepared the recipe over rice and served to Mr. Harrison’s hungry AgriScience class. Mrs. Vashaw donated frozen cookie dough and we had fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies for dessert. It was a great community meal filled with laughter and conversation.
We would like to thank the following people for their help with this recipe:
- Ms. Lundin, at the Diploma Academy, for shopping for ingredients and supplies, and supporting us on this project as well as helping with set up at the community meal.
- Mrs. Vashaw, at Concord High School, for the use of the cooking room, answering our questions, and sharing her supplies and cookie dough with us.
- SkinnyMs.com for a yummy and healthy recipe.
Asian Mango Chicken Stir-Fry
Yields: 5 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 225
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 mangos, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pulp-free orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Heat the oil over medium heat in a pan. Add the chicken and saute for 4 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and add the onion. Cook until translucent, then add peppers. Cook 3 minutes then return the chicken. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the stir fry.
Cook for 8 minutes, then serve over rice.
ENJOY! Please leave a comment below if you tried this recipe and what you thought of it!